Recipe by: Mabi David and Karla Rey of Me & My Veg Mouth
Photos by: Deborah Svoboda of outoftheshadowsmedia
- 1 tablespoon mantika
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, and chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 kutsaritang fresh ginger, chopped
- 3-4 bananas (or roughly 1 to 1.5 cups), mashed
- ¼ tasa ng tomato paste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tasa ng native vinegar, plain
- ½ cup of tubig
In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat.
Add the garlic, onion, and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
Add the tomato paste and sauté until dark and caramelized. Add mashed bananas and brown sugar. Mix well.
Mix in the vinegar and water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened.
Turn off heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
Transfer the cooled mixture to the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Keep refrigerated and shake well before using!